Be a Fly on the Wall of My Life

My thoughts, feelings and surges of random writing fever.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Beauty in in the eye of the Beholder

I know this sounds cheesy- but I've found a lot of joy lately just noticing the beauty in everyday life. I think the girls that I am living with might think I am aloof or anti-social because I don't always walk in stride with them. But in truth, I like walking alone looking at the world happening around me.

With a quick glance most people wouldn't see much beauty in a street market with run down buildings and cheap trinkets. But if you look closer, waiting for the moments, you can find them. Today I saw a beautiful old man in a newboy cap riding his bike and holding a bouquet of flowers. I could imagine the smile on the face of the woman waiting for him at home. I saw a 12 year old girl holding the hand of her 4 year old sister, guiding her along the path. An old woman's flowered skirts brushed the ground as she wobbled her way over the bumpy brick road.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beauty is everywhere, inspiration is unending. You just have to step out of your world and live only as an observer, letting life happen around you and soaking it all in.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE having moments like these! You're not weird or anti-social! Sometimes, it's nice to stop and remember that there is a world happening AROUND you as well within you.

    Sounds like you're finding the romance in being in another country, and being away from your outside influences.

    I think you're going to change a lot, and for the better!!!

     
  • At 8:12 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh...that comment was from me as well, Rach! haha

    ~Kel

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home