Be a Fly on the Wall of My Life

My thoughts, feelings and surges of random writing fever.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Wedding Planning 101

Ok so I've been thinking for awhile now about becoming a Wedding Planner. I think I would be really good at it because I am organized, even-tempered, not easily flustered, creative and most importantly, I love weddings!! The thing that tempts me most about the career is that things will always be a little different, and that is my main concern for my life. I don't want to be stuck in a job doing the same thing day after day. I need variety!

I think I want to pursue this but I am not sure where to begin. I dont think I need to take a course because I think I have a handle on the basics. There aren't a lot of wedding planner companies that I could intern for either. So I think I just have to start by helping friends plan their weddings so that I can get a feel for it.

What do you think? Should I do it?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 p.m. , Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

    sounds like fun! maybe you can interview a professional wedding planner for advice and tips.

    I know you said you wouldn't want to take a course, but I'm sure a core class wouldn't hurt. I thought planning my wedding was going to be easy because it's going to be a simple wedding. But I was wrong. There's stuff I found out that I'd never even thought of until I started talking to people and doing the research. Anyways, I found this site and although it's for classes, there's a section where you can look up wedding planners in your area. Good luck! http://www.qcweddingplanning.com/qcwedding/brochure.asp?source=ADWORDS_WP_US_H&gclid=CJzCwKj-8JcCFQMnGgodohebDg

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home